The Secret Harbour SLSC’s 2017/18 Season Annual General Meeting
Friday 3 August 2018
6:00pm for 6:30pm meeting start
Secret Harbour SLSC Club Rooms
- AGM Agenda 2018
- AGM Minutes July 2017 – draft
- SHSLSC 2017-18 Annual Report, with financial statement
- Member fees and charges as at 9 July 2018
- Secret Harbour SLSC Constitution Draft
- 2017/18 AGM Notification form June 2018
Members Criteria for Voting
For the general information of all, members are entitled to vote as outlined in the Club Constitution:
Section 24.1, Members entitled to Vote:
(a) Members eligible to vote at Annual General and Special General Meetings shall be restricted to Individual Full members who have met their Club Patrol and proficiency obligations, Office Bearers, Long Service Members and Life Members.
(b) Each Member entitled to vote as set out in clause 11.1 shall have one vote at General Meeting which, subject to this Constitution, shall be exercised by him or her personally. The Directors shall have the right to attend and debate, and vote,
at General Meetings.
Nomination for a Board or Committee Role
Now’s your chance to strengthen your involvement with Secret Harbour SLSC
Please volunteer and nominate to support the future directions and general operations of your club.
The following Board of Management positions will become vacant at the AGM :
- Vice President: 2 year term
- Director of Surf Sports: 2 year term
- Director of Lifesaving: 2 year term
- Director of Sponsorship: 2 year term
- Director of House and Social: 2 year term
- Director of Youth: 2 year term
Depending on your interests there are many committee positions (all available as 1 year terms) also open across all areas of lifesaving, education, surf sports, youth, sponsorship and house & social. The list of committee roles can be downloaded from here
We are happy for roles to be shared to reduce your time commitment
To find out more why not
- Join the Board of Management at their next meeting on 18 July 2018 @ 7:00 pm; or
- Have a chat to any of the current board/committee members
Contact the Club Administrator, Sharon (firstname.lastname@example.org) to RSVP your attendance at the July Board meeting or to put you in touch with a current Board member.
How to nominate for a club position
Members may nominate for club positions by
- completing the manual club nomination form available from here and submitting to the club administration officer.
- Completing the online form below
All officers of the club, including honorary officers, shall be elected at the AGM by members with the power to vote.
Nominations are now closed – members may still nominate for a vacant role at the AGM
We are pleased to advised the following Board of Management nominations have been received:
- Director of Sponsorship: Laura Adolphus
- Director of Surf Sports: Sam Maurice
Nominations for Committee positions received are;
- Swim Captain: Matt Brehaut
For all other vacant positions members may nominate at the AGM.
The success of the club is dependent upon the support of our members and we would be very grateful if you could volunteer to take on one of these roles for next season.
Requests for General Business
Members shall be entitled to submit notices of motion (as per Club Constitution Section 21: Notices of Motions) for inclusion as special business at a General Meeting. All notices of motion must be submitted in writing to the Club not less than twenty eight (28) days prior to the General Meeting.
Requests for General Business must be received no later than 8 July 2018
Apologies can be forwarded to the Club Administrator, Sharon Phillips, by emailing email@example.com or phone 9524 7092
Club office hours are Monday to Thursday 10:00 am to 2:00pm.
Please do not hesitate to contact any member of the Board of Management or the club administrator if you have any questions.