To be the focal point of surf life saving activities within the City of Rockingham, providing beach patrol services to Secret Harbour Beach and to other swimming beaches within the City as determined by resources and qualified members.
We exist to provide surf life saving patrol services to Secret Harbour Beach, and to other swimming beaches within the City of Rockingham as determined by the availability of resources and qualified members.
To achieve this mission we must:
- Maintain high standards of education and vigilance.
- Continue our proud record of no lives lost during surf life saving patrols.
- Be highly regarded by the local community as a volunteer service provider.
- Foster and promote the ideals of healthy lifestyle to our members and the local community.
Secret Harbour SLSC is a not-for-profit organisation.
Our volunteers are committed to the development of junior and community activities for our local area, in addition to education delivery and surf sports.
Secret Harbour SLSC is the focal point of surf lifesaving activities within the City of Rockingham. dedicated to ensuring the safety of all beach patrons, not only at Secret Harbour Beach, but also the approximate 35 kilometres of Rockingham Coast which by nature has many hazardous and dangerous elements including sharks, tidal surges and rips. This club is an integral part of a surf lifesaving network which complements and supports surf clubs in neighbouring Local Governments. Without the club and its committed volunteers, Rockingham’s beaches would not be patrolled during the busy summer months and statistics from previous years, highlight this as an essential service for our community. Following fatalities a number of years ago the SHSLSC proactively commenced patrols at the notorious Penguin Island (Mersey Point) sandbar.
The club delivers annually over 6,000 patrol hours to the Rockingham community, conducting over 300 rescues and some 3000 preventatives.
The SHSLSC is governed by a Board of Management.
The Surf Club undertake vital roles in the community including, but not exclusive to:
- Provision of beach services, lifesaving and safety patrols for beach goers to a large section of coastline
- Provision of youth based development programs including nippers and cadets
- Education and training
- The delivery of surf sports
- Provision of fellowship, leadership, social connection and amenity for its members
- Facilitating community involvement.
- Enabling physical health of its members